Before recycling cardboard boxes, why not make a house or something else from them first?
If you have smaller ones, could make cars or a train or boats. If you have long thin ones, could make a slide for kids or toy cars, strengthened with cushions underneath.
I made these with my son Dan in lockdown and some of them are still alive and healthy!
To make some terrariums you will need:
- Glass jars with lids
- sand and/or gravel (optional)
- pebbles, twigs, etc for decoration
- water spray bottle (or just water)
Put in the sand or gravel first if you them, then the earth, then moss and decorate with pebbles and twigs if you like. Spray or sprinkle some water over the moss and put the lid on the jar. Put the terrariums somewhere you can enjoy them!
To care for the terrarium, occasionally open the jar and add fresh water if needed.
Really quick and edible Halloween decorations!
To make them you will need:
- Any kind of orange fruit that has a skin you peel
- Black marker pens
Have fun drawing on faces with different features and expressions!
These look great, are so simple and if you use water based paint you can wash the jars and use them again for something else!
How to make glass jar Halloween lanterns
You will need:
- Glass jars
- Orange paint
- Paint brush
- Masking tape
- Fairy lights, small led lights or candles to light up the lanterns
- Use the masking tape to make eyes, noses and mouth shapes on the lanterns – sharp edges can look more spooky 👻
- Cover the jars with orange paint on the outside only (inside and the paint may burn if you use candles)
- After the paint has dried remove the masking tape and put your lights or candles inside.
Here’s our home schooling calendar sticker legend – many ideas inspired by family, friends and the Internet! Going to try and do the core curriculum ones on every weekday, with days off on weekends / holidays.
Make your own calendar sticker legend with your kids!
All you need is:
- A piece of card or paper
- small round stickers (if white can colour them in 🙂 ) or coloured pens
- pens and/or pencils
If your children suggest what to add to the list and make the legend, they *might* be more enthusiastic about actually doing the activities.